NOW IN THEATERS...
* Captain Phillips, a tense true-to-life thriller starring Tom Hanks as a captain of a cargo ship taken over by Somali pirates.
* Escape from Tomorrow, especially if it has a bad movie waiting in it. Like this one, the would-be horror movie shot in secret in Disney World.
* A Fierce Green Fire: The Battle for a Living Planet, a documentary about the history of the conservationist movement.
* Romeo & Juliet, a new version too traditional to intrigue seasoned viewers, but it should work fine for youngsters coming to the material fresh.
* We Are What We Are, a slow-roasting cannibal movie with a crazy ending.
Plus, a round-up of some old horror films playing Portland this week, including Creature from the Black Lagoon and Argento's Deep Red.
Current Soundtrack: Shuffling through some old stuff--Ocean Colour Scene, Moby, R.E.M., Hurricane #1