NOW IN THEATERS...
* Birth of the Living Dead , an entertaining look behind the scenes at the making of Night of the Living Dead . George A. Romero is, of course, the star of his own story.
* The Counselor, Ridley Scott's helming of a Cormac McCarthey screenplay looks good but looks a little dead in the eyes.
* Mischief Night, an old-school slasher.
* Paradise, the directorial debut of Diablo Cody is surprisingly sweet.
* The Patience Stone, a stunning movie from Afghanistan, basically a one woman show for the phenomenal.
* Tall as the Baobab Tree, a blending of reality and fiction in a touch African story.
WATCH IT AT HOME...
* Stories We Tell , in which Sarah Polley goes looking for answers to her family's secrets.
Current Soundtrack: Gil-Scott Heron & Jamie xx, We're New Here