NOW IN THEATERS...
A couple of short-run reviews and two more from the Portland International Movie Festival.
* Everybody Street, an engaging documentary about New York street photographers.
* Stranger by the Lake, a cold-blooded erotic mystery from France.
* Walesa: Man of Hope, Andrzej Wajda's biopic of the famed Polish leader.
And Portlanders in the mood for something different for Valentine's Day, check out these revival choices: Punch-Drunk Love and a special champagne date to watch David Lynch's Wild at Heart.
WATCH IT AT HOME...
* How I Live Now, the terrifyingly dull reality of one girl's teenaged apocalypse. I mean, no, really, the end of civilization as she knows it. But boring.
* The Long Day Closes, Terence Davies' beautiful remembrance of his youth.
* The Postman Always Rings Twice, a steamy remake with Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange.
Current Soundtrack: I Break Horses, Chiaroscuro