NOW IN THEATERS...
It's an Academy Awards bonanza.
* Animated and Live-Action Shorts: Catch all the nominated short films in a limited program.
* Leviathan, the Russian entry in the Best Foreign Language category shows why it's a front runner.
* Still Alice earned Julianne Moore a Best Actress nod, but offers little else worth noting.
Portlanders also might head out to see the French animated film The King and the Mockingbird, newly restored after a long journey that started in the 1950s. Or you might settle in for the challenge of Lars von Trier's Dogville.
WATCH IT AT HOME...
* The Bride Wore Black, Francois Truffaut's tribute to Hitchcock, featuring Jeanne Moreau as a woman bent on revenge. Now on Blu-ray.
* Port of Flowers/The Living Magoroku, the first two films of Japanese director Keisuke Kinoshita, as included in Criterion's Eclipse 41: Kinoshita and World War II.
Links I didn't post last week.
* Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs: a documentary with a self-explanatory title. Available digitally.
Current Soundtrack: The Beatles, Live at the BBC