NOW IN THEATERS...
* The Armstrong Lie, an excellent documentary about the Lance Armstrong con job. Spoiler Alert: Jocks are assholes.
* Contracted, body horror minus most of the horror.
* Is the Man Who is Tall Happy? An animated* conversation between Michel Gondry and Noam Chomsky. (*As in, cartoon.)
* Late for My Mother's Funeral, an experimental documentary about the life of an interesting woman and how her children remember her.
* Persistence of Vision, a fascinating documentary about the troubled animated masterpiece The Thief and the Cobbler.
WATCH IT AT HOME...
* Hannah Arendt, a well-done biography picture about one of the 20th Century's most advanced thinkers.
* Prisoners, a morality play done as a kidnap thriller, starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal.
Current Soundtrack: Sleigh Bells, Bitter Rivals