And here are my movie reviews for the week...
NOW IN THEATERS
* The Bling Ring, the latest from Sofia Coppola, telling a tale of disaffected Bonnies and their tagalong Clyde.
* Dirty Wars, a documentary about the covert strikes happening outside the approved combat zones in the War on Teror.
* Monsters University, a Pixar prequel that's funny, if not as fresh as the original.
* Much Ado About Nothing, Joss Whedon's backyard retelling of the Bard.
* And for the Oregonian this week: another visit with Andre Gregory in Before and After Dinner , the nuclear power doc Pandora's Promise , and a sleazy Italian slasher flick from 1973, Torso .
WATCH IT AT HOME
* Broadway Musicals: A Jewish Legacy, documenting the history of the great Jewish songwriters of the American stage.
* The Great Gatsby: Midnight in Manhattan, a short BBC documentary about F. Scott Fitzgerald and his best-known novel. Bonus: a 1975 teleplay with David Hemmings as the author.
* Second-Hand Hearts, a romantic flop that kicked off the '80s for Hal Ashby.
* Whoopee! A good-time musical with Eddie Cantor. Two-strip Technicolar from 1930!
Current Soundtrack: J. Cole, Born Sinner