NOW IN THEATERS...
* Blackfish, a chilling documentary about killer whales in captivity and how they turn into dangerous killers.
* The World's End, the new comedic apocalypse from the team behind Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead.
* You're Next, a decent slasher picture that entertains but lacks in real suspense.
* And for the Oregonian on 8/16: Adjust Your Tracking, a documentary about VHS collectors; a couple of Tarkovsky films; and the family comedy Papadopolous & Sons
Plus, the Oregonian 8/23: documentaries on photographer Gregory Crewdson and soul singer Charles Bradley; plus, Modest Reception, an absurdist Iranian drama
WATCH IT AT HOME...
* Angel and the Badman, a John Wayne western/romance from 1947.
* God's Little Acre, notable for being the film debut of Tina Louise, but kind of over-the-top and scattershot otherwise. Directed by Anthony Mann.
* Inescapable, the quiet and polite Canadian version of Taken . Not even Marisa Tomei can help this one.
* Reality, a surprising take on fame in the modern television age from the director of Gomorrah.
Current Soundtrack: Babyshambles, "Nothing Comes to Nothing;" Deltron 3030, "City Rising from the Ashes"