I've been remiss in posting my film reviews for the last couple of weeks, partially because I haven't reviewed any of the major releases (though I did see The Equalizer and found it a bit silly, like a morally self-satisfied Saw movie) and because my reviews slowed while I traveled. I have a stack of 7 discs currently waiting for my perusal.
My current crop of write-ups that you can still catch in Portland theaters and elsewhere...
* The documentary Levitated Mass.
* Portland is becoming a real horror show in advance of Halloween. Here's a list of classic scary movies playing this week.
* Another scary movie, and an all-time fave of mine, is The Innocents, now on Criterion.
* I revisited Captain America: The Winter Soldier on Blu-ray.
From previous weeks...
* Portland hosted two revered X-rated movies: Midnight Cowboy and Last Tango in Paris.*
* Also, a pair of performance-based documentaries: Born to Fly and Gravity was Everywhere Back Then.
Current Soundtrack: James Ivory's Maurice