NOW IN THEATERS...
New movie reviews!
* Don Jon, Joseph Gordon-Levitt's slick directorial debut. You will be asked to believe that porn is better than Scarlett Johansson. I remain unconvinced. There is nothing better than Scarlett Johansson.
* Inequality for All, a documentary about the widening gulf between the 1% and the working poor, as well as the disappearing middle class. Luckily, your host for this sobering journey is the affable Robert Reich.
* Rush, a middle-of-the-pack racecar movie from Ron Howard.
At the Oregonian, we're shaking things up a bit. Online, the column I write will be broken up and the individual movies listed on their own; the Friday paper will still print them all together.
This week, Portlanders can see...
* Cutie and the Boxer, a documentary about two Japanese artists who have been married and living in New York for four decades.
* Salma, the true story of an Indian poet who transformed confinement into art.
* A Tribute to Les Blank: Three nights of Southern culture, music, and food.
I know also have a dedicated writer's page at the paper. Check it out!
Current Soundtrack: Avicii, True